What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on your computer when you access certain websites. Cookies allow websites, among other things, to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a User or their device and, depending on the information they contained and how they use your device, cookies can be used to recognize the User. Cookies are only associated to an anonymous User and his/her computer or device. They do not provide any references that would make it possible to find out any personal data.
Cookies affected by the regulation and exempt cookies
According to the EU directive, the only cookies that require the User’s informed consent are the analytics, advertising and affiliate cookies. Technical cookies, those necessary for the correct operation of the website, or to provide services expressly requested by the User are exempt.
Types of cookies
- a) Depending on the entity that manages them, there are own cookies (those that are sent to the User’s computer from a computer or domain managed by the same editor and from where the service requested by User is provided) and third-party cookies (those that are sent to the User’s computer from a computer or domain not managed by the editor, but instead by another entity that process the data obtained through the cookies).
- b) Depending on the time they remains active, there are session cookies (designed to collect and store data only while the User access a website) and persistent cookies (on which the data are stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period of time defined by the party in charge of the cookie, ranging from a few minutes to several years-).
- c) Depending on the purpose for which the information collected is being processed, they can be:
– Technical cookies (needed for the website and to provide the contracted service),
– Customization cookies (which let the User access the service with pre-defined features, such as the language, browser type, regional setup, etc.)
– Analysis cookies (collect information on the use made of the website),
– Advertising cookies (collect information on the User’s preferences and personal choices),
– Affiliate cookies (let visits coming from other websites be tracked, with which the website establishes an affiliate agreement).
Types of cookies used by this website
The cookies used on our website are session and third-party cookies and they allow us to store and access information related to the language, the type of browser used, and other general features pre-defined by the User, as well as follow and analyse the activity that takes place for improving and providing our services in a more efficient and personalised manner. The cookies used are always temporary, with the sole purpose of making browsing more effective. Under no circumstances do these cookies provide personal data, and they are not used to harvest them.
- making browsing and access to different services offered by the website easier for the User;
- prevents the User from having to set up the pre-defined general features every time he or she accesses the website; and
- favours a more streamlined operation and services provided through the website, after the pertinent analysis of information obtained from the installed cookies.
When accessing our website, the User is notified that if he or she continues to browse, various third-party cookies will be installed, thus agreeing to the installation of certain cookies that will have the sole purpose of logging access to our website for compiling anonymous statistics on visits, where this information is always compiled anonymously. The User does not need to accept the installation of these cookies and may continue browsing the website regardless.
On different sections of our website, social network cookies may be installed.
At any time the User may access his or her browser settings and accept or reject all cookies, or select which ones will be accepted and which ones will not, following one of the procedures below, depending on which browser is being used:
Google Chrome (on the Tools menu):
Settings > Show advanced options > Privacy (content settings) > Cookies:
Microsoft Internet Explorer (on the Tools menu):
Internet options > Privacy > Advanced:
Options > Privacy > Cookies:
Safari, iPad and iPhone:
Preferences > Privacy
Settings > Options > Advanced > Cookies
These browsers are subject to updates and modifications, so we cannot guarantee that these instructions will fully match those of your browser version. The User may also use another browser not considered in these links, such as Konqueror, Arora, Flock, etc. To avoid these differences, you can directly access Settings in your browser options, generally on the “Options” menu under the “Privacy” section. (Please refer to the Help section on your browser for more information).
Deactivating/activating and deleting cookies
The User can restrict or block cookies through the browser settings.
If you don’t want websites to install any cookie on your computer, you can adapt the browser configuration to notify you before any cookie is installed. In the same way, you can change the settings of your browser to reject all the cookies, or only third-party cookies. You can also delete any of the cookies already stored on your computer. Keep in mind that you need to adapt the settings of each browser and computer you use separately.
Also note that if you don’t want to receive cookies, we can no longer guarantee that our website will work correctly. Some functions on the website may be lost and specific websites may no longer be viewable. Also, rejecting cookies does not mean that you won’t see ads. The ads will simply not be matched to your interests and will repeat more frequently.
Each browser has a distinct way of adapting settings. If necessary, check the help section of your browser to set up the correct configuration.
To deactivate cookies from a mobile device, read the device’s manual to obtain further information.
You can get more information about cookies on the internet at http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Taking into account how the internet and websites work, we do not always have information about the cookies that third parties deliver through our website. This applies especially to cases in which our website contains what is known as integrated elements: texts, documents, images or short films that are stored somewhere else, but are displayed on our website or through it.
Therefore, if you encounter these types of cookies on this website and they are not listed above, please let us know. You can also contact the third party directly to request information about the cookies they place, their purpose, how long it remains on the computer, and how they guarantee your privacy.